2024 Jeep Wrangler Features & Configurations
After introducing its fourth-generation Wrangler in 2018, Jeep will give its iconic SUV a midcycle refresh in 2024. With eight trim levels, including the brand-new Rubicon X, there’s a Jeep Wrangler to suit you, whether you want an affordable entry-level vehicle, a capable off-roader, or an ultra-luxe ride. Meadowland of Carmel has compiled this guide to everything you need to know about these new vehicles.
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sport
The 2024 Jeep Wrangler Sport is Jeep’s entry-level Jeep Wrangler, an affordable SUV with great value for money and plenty of customization options. It is available in two- and four-door configurations and is equipped with a capable 285-hp V-6 engine, four-wheel drive, and manual transmission as standard. A 270-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4 engine is an option. The standard manual and V-6 combo work well for off-roading, but if you spend most of your time in the city, you’ll get more from the I-4 and optional automatic transmission. Some of the Sport’s best features include:
- Wheels: 17-inch steel wheels with 32-inch tires.
- Off-roading features: Tow hooks, skid plates, and fog lights.
- Technology features: Uconnect 5 system with a 12.3-inch touch-screen display, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and push-button start.
- Driver-assist features: ParkView rear backup camera.
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
The 2024 Jeep Wrangler Sport S is a more refined version of the Sport equipped with various creature comforts and technological innovations. Also available as a two- or four-door, you can opt for the Sport’s V-6 engine or an eco-friendly 4xe plug-in hybrid engine, which increases horsepower to 475. Some of the Sport S’s impressive features include:
- Wheels: 17-inch aluminum wheels with 32-inch tires.
- Driver-assist features: Adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, and advanced brake assist.
- Technology features: Remote keyless entry, power windows and door lock, power heated mirrors, automatic headlamps, and eight-speaker sound system.
- Comfort features: Leather-wrapped steering wheel and air conditioning with automatic temperature control.
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys
While all Wranglers can handle themselves on the trails, the Willys is the first Wrangler trim with advanced off-road features. With 10.8 inches of ground clearance, 33-inch all-terrain tires, and plenty of off-roading kits, it’s made for tackling all kinds of terrain. The Willys is also available as a two- or four-door vehicle with the 3.6-liter V-6 or 4xe plug-in hybrid engine. The 2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys’ features include:
- Off-roading features: Rear-locking differential, Off-Road Plus driving mode, all-weather floor mats, Trailer Tow, and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group.
- Optional Xtreme 35 Package: 17-inch beadlock wheels with 35-inch all-terrain tires, 4.56 axle ratio, 1.5-inch factory lift, and swing gate reinforcement.
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Jeep turns up the comfort levels with the Sahara. This vehicle is for people who want to travel in style, whether driving on smooth city and highway roads or more unpredictable terrain. Its body-color seven-slot grille and fender flares help it turn heads in any environment. Strictly a four-door, it comes with the turbocharged I-4 engine as standard. The 4xe plug-in hybrid is also an option for eco-conscious motorists. Some of the 2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara’s best features include:
- Wheels: 18-inch aluminum wheels with 32-inch tires.
- Comfort features: Heated front seats and steering wheel and dual-zone climate control.
- Technology features: Proximity key entry with remote start and upgraded 7-inch driver information display.
2024 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Jeep based the High Altitude on the Sahara, giving you everything you loved about this trim with some extra refinement. It’s also a four-door Wrangler with many technology and luxury features on board. The 375-hp 4xe plug-in hybrid powertrain comes standard. You can also look forward to these other perks when you choose the High Altitude:
- Wheels: 20-inch aluminum wheels with 32-inch all-terrain tires.
- Luxury features: Nappa leather seats and power-adjustable front seats.
- Driver-assist features: Navigation, parking sensors, and blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert.
- Off-roading features: Selec-Trac 2.72:1 full-time transfer case, side steps, and an integrated front off-road camera.
- Technology features: Nine-speaker Alpine premium audio system.
- Optional features: Jeep 4xe Power Box for electricity on the move.
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Jeep’s Wrangler Rubicons are vehicles made for pushing the limits. While any Wrangler can handle itself off-road, a Rubicon is your best option if you like extreme activities such as rock crawling. Like the High Altitude, the standard Rubicon builds on the Sahara trim, but the focus here is upping the off-road credentials. It comes in two- and four-door versions with the V-6 motor as standard or the optional 4xe powertrain. Features that help the 2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on the trails include:
- Wheels: 17-inch machined wheels with 33-inch all-terrain tires.
- Off-roading features: Dana 44 HD front axle, Tru-Lok front, and rear axles, Rock-Trac 4:1 part-time four-wheel drive system, electronic front sway-bar disconnect, rock rails, and Off-Road Plus mode.
- Optional features: Steel bumpers with factory Warn winch, Xtreme 35 Package, and 4xe Power Box.
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X
The Rubicon X, new for 2024, is a more sophisticated Rubicon. It’s got the same door and power options but so much more polish. While it’ll handle the trails, acoustic front glass and plush carpets should make the ride much quieter. There’s also a host of cool technology on board. The Rubicon X’s best features are the following:
- Comfort features: Heated nappa leather seats, power-adjustable front seats, and a heated steering wheel.
- Technology features: Nine-speaker Alpine audio system and navigation.
- Off-roading features: Xtreme 35 package as standard.
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
The ultra-tough and luxurious Rubicon 392 rounds out the range. It combines the off-roading credentials you expect of a Rubicon with the opulent touches of a High Altitude. This four-door Wrangler has an exclusive 470-hp 6.4-liter V-8 engine and all these excellent features:
- Wheels: 17-inch beadlock wheels with 35-inch all-terrain tires.
- Off-roading features: Fox shock absorbers, Selec-Trac 2.72:1 full-time transfer case, steel bumpers, and an integrated front off-road camera.
- Comfort features: Heated seats, power-adjustable front seats, and a heated performance steering wheel with paddle shifters.
- Technology features: Nine-speaker Alpine premium audio system.
2024 Jeep Wrangler Coming Soon
From the affordable Sport to the luxe yet rugged Rubicon 392, Jeep will deliver an impressive selection of Wranglers that can take you from the city streets to the rugged tracks around Putnam County. Expect these vehicles at local dealerships in the third quarter of 2024. If you have any questions or want to organize a test drive as soon as they’re in stock, our experienced Meadowland of Carmel team is well-equipped to help. Give us a call or visit us at our dealership to learn more about the highly-anticipated 2024 Jeep Wrangler.
Photo Credit: Image via OEM